Monday, July 09, 2012

A Bad Afternoon

 Not really for any reason.  I'm working on a teeny, tiny pro-bono client this week pretty much on my own which is quite interesting and means I can do lots of things that would otherwise be done by someone far more senior.  

But for some reason this evening I found myself in a mutinous mood.  It hit 5.30pm and I couldn't bear to look at my computer any longer.  I think it was because the Senior I'm working with asked me to complete a bunch of things that I knew could wait until tomorrow, and I had to cancel dinner with a friend to stay back.  I ended up bailing at 6.30, but every second between 5.30 and 6.30 was excruciating.  

I think it also might have been a mistake to run home at lunchtime.  I forgot my lunch, so I decided to come back and eat it here, rather than waste money on eating out and it was incredibly hard to get back into work mode after a few minutes on the couch.

Anyway, I feel like I mostly enjoy this job and mostly feel like it's where I want to be (or at least, getting me where I want to be), but I'd be lying if I didn't sometimes wish for smaller things.


No comments: